This article will apply to both the 7.5' and 9' versions.
An entire section (or multiple sections) of lights is out on my tree
First, check to make sure ALL light strands are plugged into one another correctly inside of the tree and to the wall outlet.
- We will now try to narrow down which section is at fault.
- Disconnect the cord with the power adaptor (the part that plugs into the wall) from the tree.
- Since the cords of all tree sections connect in the same way, take the next section above the bottom and connect it directly to the cord with the power adapter. Now plug the power adapter into the wall. If lights work, it means that the bottom section is at fault.
- Continue to do this with all sections of the tree and note which ones work and which ones don’t.
- If lights still don’t work on any of the sections, please let us know by sending us a Help Form. Please attach your proof of purchase (and completed warranty card if you tree came with one).
My tree will not light up at all
1) Make sure there is power going to the outlet you’re using. Plug something else into that outlet to test it. If that item doesn’t work, try a different outlet for your tree. If using an extension cord, test to make sure the extension cord is working by plugging something else into it.
2) Next, make sure all cords are connected properly. Check each connection point from the power adapter (part that plugs into the wall) to the base of the tree. It is a green wire with brown connectors that looks like this:
Untwist and unplug the cords, then plug them back together tightly and twist the connector tight to create a secure connection. Also do this for the connections inside of the tree.
3) Disconnect the long cord that runs from the base of the tree to the power adapter untwisting the connectors on either side and unplugging the cords. Next, since all tree sections have the same type of cord, connect the cord of another tree section (middle or top, either one) into the power adaptor (the part with the wall plug) directly. Plug into the wall.
If the lights work on this section, it means just the original bottom cord is faulty, and we will send you a replacement.
If it still doesn’t work, then the power adaptor itself is most likely faulty, and we will send you a replacement.
Please fill out our HELP FORM to request this.
Individual lights are out on my tree
Replace any unlit lights with the spare replacement light bulbs that were provided with your tree. If you need more, please contact us by sending a Help Form. Please attach your proof of purchase (and completed warranty card if you tree came with one).