Are Artificial Christmas Trees Safe For Children and Pets?
Our trees are safe to handle and it is safe for children and pets to be around them. However, under no circumstances should any part of the tree be ingested by humans or pets. If part of the tree is ingested, please call your local poison control center. Our trees are safe to handle, although it is recommended that gloves be worn when working with them, and if not, to wash your hands afterward.
Note: this answer also applies to our flocked trees.
We do our best to communicate the components of our products. We also submit to product testing by independent product testing labs to ensure compliance to USA regulations. The State of California’s Proposition 65 requires that all products containing lead must carry a public disclosure to inform consumers of the presence of leaded materials in the products they buy, hence the warning on the product label of the artificial Christmas tree that you purchased. Like most household products, the materials and pieces used for your artificial Christmas tree are not suitable for consumption.
Following is a link to an article by the Mayo Clinic with tips on how to protect children from lead exposure - Lead Exposure: Tips to Protect Your Child.