To replace the footswitch, we will be disconnecting the two ends of the wall cord on either end of the footswitch. Then we'll unplug the old one, plug the new one in, and re-tighten the connectors.
1) Find the end of the cord that you plug into your outlet with the two-prong power adapter. There should be a brown circular connection fastener that you can twist to loosen. Loosen it all the way and unplug the cord from the power adapter.The brown fastener will look something like this.
2) Next, move to the other end of the cord that connects to the base of the tree and find the same type of brown connection fastener - it should be hanging below the tree itself. Loosen that fastener as well, and unplug.
3) Take your new pedal, and connect the proper end of the new cord into the plug nearest to the tree. It will be a male-female connection, so use whichever end of the cord fits. The plugs are also shaped to fit a certain way, so if you're having trouble connecting them together, make sure they are facing the correct way.
4) After you plug in the connection on the tree side, re-tighten well the brown fastener that was loosened.
5) Now connect the cord to the power adapter that you'll plug into the wall in the same way that you did the other side. Re-tighten the brown fastener, making sure it's tight.
6) Now you'll be able to plug that part into the wall, and test out your tree! Click the footswitch once for ON, again for TWINKLE, and once again for OFF.
That should do it! Please use our Help Form to contact us with further issues.