Troubleshooting your 7.5' Balsam Fir
A string of lights is out on my tree
Check to make sure ALL light strands are plugged into one another correctly and securely inside of the tree. The cords have a connector that looks like this:
Untwist and unplug the cords, then plug them back together tightly and twist the connector tight to create a secure connection.
An entire section lights are out on my tree
Check to make sure ALL light strands are plugged into one another correctly inside of the tree. Please refer to the instructions in the section above.
If this does not fix the problem:
- We will now try to narrow down which section is at fault.
- Disconnect the cord with the power adaptor (the part that plugs into the wall) from the tree.
- Since the cords of all tree sections connect in the same way, take the next section above the bottom and connect it directly to the cord with the power adapter. Now plug the power adapter into the wall. If lights work, it means that the bottom section is at fault.
- Continue to do this with all sections of the tree and note which ones work and which ones don’t.
Please let us know if lights do not work on one or multiple sections, specifying which sections, and note if the power cord does or does not work. Contact us by sending a HELP FORM (Please attach photos of your proof of purchase and completed warranty card).
My tree will not light up at all
1) Make sure there is power going to the outlet you’re using. Plug something else into that outlet to test it. If that item doesn’t work, try a different outlet for your tree. If using an extension cord, test to make sure the extension cord is working by plugging something else into it.
2) Next, make sure all cords are connected properly to each other inside of the tree (see diagram in the instruction manual if unsure). Untwist and unplug the cords, then plug them back together tightly and twist the connector tight to create a secure connection.
3) The Balsam Fir tree has a control box unit that turns the tree on and off, and sets the light mode.
Remove the control box by untwisting the connectors on either side and unplugging the cords. Next, since all tree sections have the same type of cord, connect the cord of another tree section (middle or top, either one) into the power adaptor (the part with the wall plug) directly. Plug into the wall.
If the lights work on this section, it means just the control box portion is faulty, and we will send you a replacement.
If it still doesn’t work, then the power adaptor itself is most likely faulty, and we will send you a replacement.
Please fill out our HELP FORM to request this.
Please let us know if you have this issue by sending us a HELP FORM.